Welwyn Garden City Golf Club announce former Centurion Club and Grove man as new professional
- Credit: CASEY GUTTERIDGE
Welwyn Garden City Golf Club have announced Shaun Collins as their new professional.
Collins arrives at the Mannicotts-based club with plenty of experience.
He is PGA qualified with a foundation degree in golf management and time spent at clubs such as Centurion Club, The Grove and Hadley Wood.
In a short video posted on social media, he said: "I am grateful for the opportunity and excited to get going .
"I can’t wait to meet everyone in person and I know times are tough right now but I’m sure golf is going to come out the other side better than ever before.
"Stay safe and I look forward to welcoming you into the pro-shop soon."
He also said he would be sending out a questionnaire to "help me understand the membership base better" as well as hosting a Zoom call to explain his "plans and vision for the future".
- 1 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 2 Dozens of fines handed out following COVID breaches as police reiterate they will 'take action where required'
- 3 Hatfield school appoints new headteacher
- 4 The many promises to save Hatfield
- 5 International Women’s Day: Looking back on the women who inspired us over the last year
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 8 From 'half-baked' to a New Town - did planners keep their promise to make Hatfield a 'pleasant land'?
- 9 What does the future have in store for Hatfield?
- 10 One year on since first recorded coronavirus case in Welwyn Hatfield