Second successive title for Potters Bar Crusaders U13 girls
- Credit: Archant
Potters Bar Crusaders U13 girls have been crowned champions of the Hertfordshire Girls’ Football League Division Three.
They went into their final league game of the year against Herts Girls needing a point to clinch the title and they did just that with a 1-1 draw.
It is their second successive title after winning Division Four last year.
The girls’ started with Summer Small, Luisa Bruno-Zainer, Isabelle Fleet, Priya Lad and Annie Nesbitt working hard in midfield and 10 minutes before the break it was Nesbitt’s shot that struck the post and trickled across the line.
Defenders Amy Smith, Tilly Barnard, Amelia Jones, Anna Murphy and Maya Shah were tested throughout the second half and when they were breached Giorgia Botte was able to stop them.
You may also want to watch:
There was nothing she could do about the equaliser two minutes from time but it wasn’t enough to stop the celebrations from starting.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules