Second national title for Brookmans Park’s young boxing sensation Ted Harrington
- Credit: Archant
A young boxer from Brookmans Park who won a national title at the first time of asking has repeated the trick by winning a second strap.
Ted Harrington, 14, took the U58kg weight class at the Amateur Boxing Alliance National Schoolboys tournament last year after taking a year off from the sport with injury.
This time round he was fighting at the U70kg group this time around. And the Chancellor’s School pupil came through the event in Feltham with the victory after beating Joachim Johnson from Cricklewood.
Harrington, who has fought for Cheshunt Boxing Club for seven years, was naturally pleased at the outcome.
He said: “I have worked so hard on my fitness in preparation for this final that I am delighted.”
You may also want to watch:
It wasn’t the only success for the Cheshunt club, who are coached by Mark Bliss, as all three of their entries came away with the win.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street