Saturday night's alright for fighting for Welwyn Garden City boxers
IT S almost showtime for Welwyn Garden City Boxing Club. In a matter of hours the club, which is based at the Hyde Sport and Social Club on Hollybush Lane, will be hosting its first live show of 2009 at the Gosling Sports Park. Tickets for the event have
IT'S almost showtime for Welwyn Garden City Boxing Club.
In a matter of hours the club, which is based at the Hyde Sport and Social Club on Hollybush Lane, will be hosting its first live show of 2009 at the Gosling Sports Park.
Tickets for the event have sold out, emphasising the leaps and bounds the organisation have made since it held it's first promotion for over 30 years back in October 2008.
Tonight's programme is set to feature popular club fighters, such as brothers Frankie and Albert Hobden, as well as promising pugilist Daniel Walker-Mitchell.
You may also want to watch:
Walker-Mitchell lit up the October show with a blistering and ferocious assault on his opponent which had the crowd on its feet as he secured a momentous victory.
With over 750 people expected to be in attendance, the WGC show has once again highlighted how sport can bring the community together and raise the profile of the ever-improving club.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
Boxing fans are advised there are NO tickets available on the door, and those without a ticket for the event should not travel.