Saracens set up huge Harlequins clash with seventh straight bonus-point win
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Saracens set up a top of the table clash with Harlequins after a 29-24 victory over Loughborough Lightning in the latest round of the Allianz Premier 15s.
Both sides boast perfect records with Harlequins winning eight in comparison to Sarries' seven.
And the Women in Black's latest success came one the back of a typically close and entertaining clash with Loughborough.
Welwyn Garden City's Lotte Clapp was set up by a brilliant pass from former Welwyn team-mate Zoe Harrison for the first and the latter scored herself when she darted through the midfield and sprinted half the length of the field for a sensational solo try.
Both scores though were countered within two minutes by Lightning, Lark Davies scoring both, and a third for the visitors gave them a good lead.
But Marlie Packer narrowed the gap to 24-17 at half-time and May Campbell finished off a string of offloads three minutes after the break to make it a two-point game.
The final score came on 52 minutes, Sophie de Goede crashing over after good work from Poppy Cleall to clinch the victory.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation