Worcester win shows Saracens are moving in the right direction says Lotte Clapp
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Saracens skipper Lotte Clapp believes the 55-3 victory over Worcester Warriors was the first time this year they have shown their true colours.
The Welwyn Garden City star bagged one of the nine tries in the Tyrrells Premier 15s match and even though it was their fourth win from the opening four, Clapp says the performances weren't always at the standard that the driven side want.
"You can get the result but sometimes the performance isn't there," she said.
"Against Loughborough we were very lucky that we came out with the win. We had three minutes to go and were still losing.
"We knew our performance needed to improve because teams are getting stronger and we need to get better.
You may also want to watch:
"If I'm honest that is the best we've performed all season. It just seemed to click which is what we've needed.
"We all seemed to be on the same page and hopefully it all means we can build from here."
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone