Schedule announced for Rugby World Cup 2021
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
The 2021 Rugby World Cup drew ever more closer for former juniors of both Welwyn and Datchworth rugby clubs with the announcement of the schedule.
The likes of Hannah Botterman, Zoe Harrison and Ellena Perry will be hopeful of being on the plane to New Zealand for the first version of the women's tournament to be played in the southern hemisphere.
If they are then the first task for England will be to defeat World Cup newcomers Fiji on Saturday, September 18, at Eden Park in Auckland.
From there they will move on to the Northland Events Centre for matches with South Africa (September 23) and France (September 28).
The final will be at Eden Park on Saturday, October 16.
Head coach Simon Middleton said: "We all know there’s an even bigger picture outside of rugby and sport at the moment but the World Cup is a huge opportunity for not only the worldwide rugby community, but everyone to come together and celebrate a great event at a time when the world is struggling.
“The tournament will give so many people much to look forward to and will hopefully raise moral.”
- 1 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 2 Dozens of fines handed out following COVID breaches as police reiterate they will 'take action where required'
- 3 Hatfield school appoints new headteacher
- 4 The many promises to save Hatfield
- 5 International Women’s Day: Looking back on the women who inspired us over the last year
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 8 From 'half-baked' to a New Town - did planners keep their promise to make Hatfield a 'pleasant land'?
- 9 What does the future have in store for Hatfield?
- 10 One year on since first recorded coronavirus case in Welwyn Hatfield