Rare tie for Tewin in dramatic finish at Old Albanian
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A dramatic finish saw Tewin denied victory as their game at Old Albanian ended in a tie, writes Paige Simmonds.
A four from Paul Shankster had levelled the scores but the visitors persisted and with the very next ball the big paceman was dismissed to leave both sides on 156.
The game had started with Will Pickworth picking up an early wicket for Teewin while Shankster dismissed two to restrict OAs to 26-3.
And Tewin continued to bowl well for the remainder of the innings, with Luke Wilde also chipping in with a wicket.
In reply Noah Lipschitz hit 27 but Old Albanian's bowlers were in equally fine form, bringing on a middle order collapse with Tewin dropping to 92-7.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Bryce and Dan Smith got Tewin close but Smith was run out for 27 with 10 runs needed, the prelude to the dramatic finish.
Charlotte Wilde helped the second team to victory against Letchworth with four wickets and Andy Ensum completed the day with 44.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 5 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414