Premier clubs looking at ex-Potters Bar defender Smith
FORMER Potters Bar Town defender Nathan Smith could be set for a dream move to the Premiership, according to reports in the national press this morning. The Daily Star report that Stoke, Bristol City and Crystal Palace are watching Yeovil s 20-year-old le
FORMER Potters Bar Town defender Nathan Smith could be set for a dream move to the Premiership, according to reports in the national press this morning.
The Daily Star report that Stoke, Bristol City and Crystal Palace are watching Yeovil's 20-year-old left back.
And Glovers manager Russell Slade has said that he is aware of interest in his promising player.
He said: "The Championship are looking at him and one or two Premier League boys.
You may also want to watch:
"Once we get him firing again I am sure that will be to the betterment of the team."
Smith, who is sponsored by Vital Yeovil, has made just four appearances for the Glovers this season due to a groin injury.
- 1 Second tree-umph as borough named ‘Tree City of the World’ again
- 2 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 3 Take a first look at the new Ebenezer Howard statue coming to our town
- 4 Three hours free parking to be considered for Hatfield
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Welwyn Hatfield MP receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccination
- 7 New date announced for music festival in Hatfield
- 8 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
- 9 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 10 Overweight vehicles fined in police crackdown
But he was an unused substitute against Huddersfield on Tuesday and has been a standout performer since joining from the Scholars.
Nathan joined Yeovil Town from Parkfield last April on a part-time contract and was looking to start his own IT business for his career.
However, when offered a two-year deal by Yeovil, Smith jumped at the opportunity.
And Bar manager Steve Browne, who seems to specialise in developing young talent, will be delighted to see the progression of Smith.
It was just over five months ago that Smith was pulling on a Bar shirt in the Ryman League Division One North.
Now he could be set for a dream move to the Premiership, facing the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Nicolas Anelka and Steven Gerrard on a weekly basis.