FA Trophy: Potters Bar Town to play Margate in the first qualifying round
- Credit: Archant
Potters Bar Town will be on their travels in the FA Trophy first qualifying round after being drawn away at Margate.
The Scholars’ promotion last season means they have been exempt from the competition until this point, with the same true of their fellow Bostik Premier Division hosts.
Last year the Scholars reached the second qualifying round for the second time in their history.
And they managed a fantastic 0-0 draw against Hereford at Edgar Street, in front of a crowd of 1,368, before slipping to a 2-1 defeat at the Pakex Stadium three days later.
The other time they got that far was in the 2011-2012 season when they suffered a 5-2 reverse away to Uxbridge.
You may also want to watch:
Margate are currently one place above the Scholars in sixth with the two sides due to meet at the Pakex Stadium in the league on December 1 while the return at Hartsdown Park will be on April 13.
This tie will be played on Saturday, October 27, with the winners receiving £3,250.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 5 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19