Potters Bar Town hit seven past Chertsey Town
- Credit: Archant
Six second half goals saw Potters Bar Town demolish bottom side Chertsey 7-0 on Saturday in what was The Scholars biggest win since joining the Calor Southern League Division One Central.
Bar took a first half lead as player-manager Jack Friend headed home his second goal in two games.
The second half saw a different Potters Bar Town emerge.
Their quick incisive passing and movement had Chertsey back pedalling and when they did gain possession Bar pressed them continuously forcing them into numerous errors.
Debutant Alex Shepherd doubled the lead just two minutes into the second half heading in a corner from the left.
You may also want to watch:
With an hour gone an innocent looking free kick from just inside the visitors half saw Liam Magwood float the ball over the keeper and into the net to make it three.
It was soon four as Josh Hutchinson headed home a Magwood cross.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
The fifth came after a fine double save by Rhys Marshall denied first James Ewington and then Frankie Lane, however Magwood was involved again finding Ewington unmarked to tuck the ball away.
Tayo Davies-Coker provided the sixth with eight minutes left, again on the end of a Magwood cross.
In-form Hutchinson completed the rout five minutes from the end as a fiercely driven goal bound shot from Friend was handled in the box with Hutchinson stepping up to confidently stroke home the spot kick for his fifth goal in three games.