Isthmian League Premier Division
Adam Yusuf 15, Ian Draycott (pen) 45, Scott Heard 53
Potters Bar Town
Ben Ward-Cochrane 54, 56, Samson Esan 76
Potters Bar Town throw their hat in the ring for fightback of the year after incredible game at Folkestone
- Credit: KARYN HADDON
Potters Bar Town showed that fighting spirit is something they have in abundance after a sensational fightback at Folkestone Invicta.
The hosts looked set to maintain their second position in the Isthmian League Premier Division after going 3-0 up eight minutes into the second period.
But the Scholars stunned the majority of the home faithful in a crowd of 782 at Cheriton Road by fighting back to claim an incredible 3-3 draw.
Ben Ward-Cochrane scored twice within three minutes of Invicta's third to sow a field of doubt into the home side and Samson Esan completed the comeback 14 minutes from time.
The match in Kent saw the Scholars line-up without Keagan Cole after the skipper called time on his stay at the LA Construction Stadium, the decision being made by "mutual consent".
He made 89 appearances for the club, scoring six times, and was part of the squad that held Barnet to a draw in the FA Cup fourth qualifying round in 2019.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education