Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- Credit: BOB KNIGHT
After a year away, real-ale lovers and partygoers headed to Potters Bar Town Football Club for their annual beer & music festival.
Held at club's LA Construction Stadium, it was enjoyed by a big crowd, to the delight of the club committee and supporters.
A spokesman said: "The festival returned on Saturday and hundreds were in attendance throughout the day.
"And despite one heavy shower, the Potters Bar community were keen to support an outdoor event in aid of local charities and improvements to the football club."
On the field the Scholars fell to a 3-0 defeat in their pre-season game with National League South Concord Rangers but when the season starts, manager Lee O'Leary believes the fans will discover a new folk hero in goalkeeper Hafed Al Droubi.
He said: "Haf is a leader and a winner and although he’s a goalkeeper who likes making saves, he also hates making them.
"He’s going to be the defenders and the midfielders worst nightmare at times because he doesn’t settle for second best.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
He’s got a great mentality and a good character and when it gets tough in the season, and it will do, he’ll be one we can rely on to galvanise the boys and show that strong fighting spirit."