Potters Bar skier Poth secures GB silver
Mount Grace School pupil Robert Poth claimed a silver medal whilst representing Great Britain in Andorra.
POTTERS Bar ski racer Robert Poth continues to shine with impressive results on the international ski racing circuit after he clinched a silver medal in the Giant Slalom.
Robert, 12, also achieved two other top-10 finishes in Super Giant Slalom and the Combi as he represented Great Britain at the Trofeu Borrufa International Children’s ski race which was recently held in the ski resort of Ordino Arcalis, Andorra.
Over 25 countries participated including France, Argentina, Australia, Chile, Brazil and Slovenia.
Each Country entered 10 of their elite racers into two age categories.
You may also want to watch:
Robert, who goes to Mount Grace School, was competing in the Under-12 age category.
Manager of the GB Children’s team, Jenny Shute said: “Robert’s results at his first International race were outstanding.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
The GB Children’s team were placed in fifth position overall.
Robert would be very grateful to hear from any other local businesses who may wish to support him.
He would like to thank Shokk Gym, Potters Bar and Nialto website services for their continued support.
For further information please contact 07879 278065.
More details can also be found on www.robertpoth.co.uk.