Potters Bar Crusaders Raiders continue winning streak against Bury
POTTERS Bar Crusaders Raiders Under-13s continued their winning streak by beating Bury Rangers Blacks in back-to-back fixtures. The Raiders beat Bury 4-1 in the league following a 5-1 home victory the previous week in the League Shield to put themselves i
POTTERS Bar Crusaders Raiders Under-13s continued their winning streak by beating Bury Rangers Blacks in back-to-back fixtures.
The Raiders beat Bury 4-1 in the league following a 5-1 home victory the previous week in the League Shield to put themselves into the quarter-finals.
In the league encounter, Raiders started too laid back and were a goal down after 10 minutes.
Bury continued with the pressure, testing the back four and the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
The Raiders gained an advantage just before half-time when they were awarded a corner.
It was struck sweetly by Charley Crowhurst and found Naheem Ahmed unmarked in the box and with his quick feet the Raiders equalised against the run of play going in at half-time 1-1.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Girls of Potters Bar Crusaders happy with draw at hot Harpenden
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
After the break, the Raiders moved up a gear and took control of the game.
Within six minutes Jake Colledge put them ahead for the first time after a goalmouth scramble.
The Raiders continued to attack Bury but couldn't find a way through their rearguard.
That was until Ahmed found the back of the net for the second time to put Raiders two ahead with 10 minutes left to play.
The win was further reinforced when Henry Smith got his head to a Charley Crowhurst corner kick, which struck one of Bury's players straight in the face, falling back to Henry's feet, for him to net.
This was the last goal of the game which gave the Raiders a 4-1 victory.
The Raiders are now sitting in first place in the league but only two points clear of second-placed Broxbourne Saints, who they are scheduled to play in two weeks.