Potters Bar Crusaders Raiders continue winning streak against Bury
POTTERS Bar Crusaders Raiders Under-13s continued their winning streak by beating Bury Rangers Blacks in back-to-back fixtures. The Raiders beat Bury 4-1 in the league following a 5-1 home victory the previous week in the League Shield to put themselves i
POTTERS Bar Crusaders Raiders Under-13s continued their winning streak by beating Bury Rangers Blacks in back-to-back fixtures.
The Raiders beat Bury 4-1 in the league following a 5-1 home victory the previous week in the League Shield to put themselves into the quarter-finals.
In the league encounter, Raiders started too laid back and were a goal down after 10 minutes.
Bury continued with the pressure, testing the back four and the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
The Raiders gained an advantage just before half-time when they were awarded a corner.
It was struck sweetly by Charley Crowhurst and found Naheem Ahmed unmarked in the box and with his quick feet the Raiders equalised against the run of play going in at half-time 1-1.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 6 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
After the break, the Raiders moved up a gear and took control of the game.
Within six minutes Jake Colledge put them ahead for the first time after a goalmouth scramble.
The Raiders continued to attack Bury but couldn't find a way through their rearguard.
That was until Ahmed found the back of the net for the second time to put Raiders two ahead with 10 minutes left to play.
The win was further reinforced when Henry Smith got his head to a Charley Crowhurst corner kick, which struck one of Bury's players straight in the face, falling back to Henry's feet, for him to net.
This was the last goal of the game which gave the Raiders a 4-1 victory.
The Raiders are now sitting in first place in the league but only two points clear of second-placed Broxbourne Saints, who they are scheduled to play in two weeks.