Girls of Potters Bar Crusaders happy with draw at hot Harpenden
- Credit: POTTERS BAR CRUSADERS FC
Potters Bar Crusaders U10 girls found the heat as oppressive as most but they still managed to grab a draw away to Harpenden.
They had played two days before the trip to Harps, which ended 1-1, and manager Luke Owers admitted the squad looked tired.
They still had chances throughout the contest but the Harpenden keeper was solid when called upon the game got half-time without a goal.
The one worry for Crusaders was the amount of possession given away and this proved their undoing early in the second period as Harpenden opened the scoring.
But that simply spurred the team on to create even more chances with Keisi and Angel probing down the wings and Daisy and Alexia creating havoc up front.
And they got their rewards with two minutes to go after a series of corners, Daisy getting on the end of it.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 'It's disgusting' - grave and urn desecrated at Welwyn cemetery