Potters Bar beat Chatham to make it five wins in a row
POTTERS Bar Town won their fifth consecutive game with a 4-2 away victory at Chatham Town yesterday (Saturday). Scholars winger Daniel Francis grabbed a brace, as did Ryan Edgar, who netted his fifth and sixth goals in four matches. Bar had gone ahead at
POTTERS Bar Town won their fifth consecutive game with a 4-2 away victory at Chatham Town yesterday (Saturday).
Scholars' winger Daniel Francis grabbed a brace, as did Ryan Edgar, who netted his fifth and sixth goals in four matches.
Bar had gone ahead at a wet Maidstone Road through Francis after 16 minutes, only for Justin Ascheri to level for the hosts seven minutes later.
Soon after conceding, Potters Bar restored their lead.
You may also want to watch:
Edgar smashed into the bottom corner from the edge of the box to give his team a 2-1 half-time advantage.
Things were all square again just 60 seconds after the restart, Ascheri rifling the ball into the roof of the net from close range.
- 1 Second tree-umph as borough named ‘Tree City of the World’ again
- 2 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 3 Take a first look at the new Ebenezer Howard statue coming to our town
- 4 Three hours free parking to be considered for Hatfield
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Welwyn Hatfield MP receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccination
- 7 New date announced for music festival in Hatfield
- 8 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
- 9 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 10 Overweight vehicles fined in police crackdown
For the third time in the game Bar then got themselves one ahead again.
On 49 minutes Edgar did well to nod in a Clydie Roberts cross from the left flank.
Bar eventually sealed the points in the final minutes as Francis converted his second of the day to ensure the Scholars' winning run continues.
Full report to follow...