Panshanger boys' football sides go on tour!
BOYS from both Panshanger FC Under-8s Lions and Tigers represented Times Territory in the South East England Trophy at Camber Sands. This is the first time the boys have played together in a group tournament, and great fun was had by all. It was a very he
BOYS from both Panshanger FC Under-8s Lions and Tigers represented Times Territory in the South East England Trophy at Camber Sands.
This is the first time the boys have played together in a group tournament, and great fun was had by all.
It was a very hectic but enjoyable event, with some outstanding football played against teams of a very high standard.
All the lads worked hard and should be proud of their achievements.
You may also want to watch:
They were a credit to themselves and their parents, who certainly enjoyed the social side just as much as the football on offer.
The pinnacle of the event was to see the players' efforts rewarded with the Sportsmanship Award for Fair Play.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 5 Have you seen this missing teenager from Knebworth?
- 6 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
This was presented by ex-England defender Des Walker.
What is truly remarkable is that this is the fourth consecutive year in a row that a Panshanger FC team has returned home from a nationwide tournament with the much coveted accolade.
This underlines the commitment of the club to continue to encourage good sportsmanship at all levels.
The Under-8s were joined on tour by the Under-13 Whites.
That side were also on their first tour together. They played well and only narrowly missed out on a place in the final of their competition