From the highs of victory to the lows of defeat for North Mymms
- Credit: KARYN HADDON
North Mymms were brought down to earth with a bump after their victory over Radlett last week.
Playing at home against Hertford in the Herts Cricket League Premier Division, they fell to an all too quick five-wicket loss.
Having lost the toss and been put into bat, they made just 119 as the visiting bowlers enjoyed their time with the ball in hand.
Only Tom Millard and Andy Lewis found any joy from them but even tohugh they had to work incredibly hard.
Millard fell after scoring 42 from 122 deliveries while Lewis was run out on 40 in almost half that time.
Jonny Underdown took 4-19 for Hertford and Jamie Regan managed 2-18. Adam Carlson and Andrew Knight meanwhile bowled six maidens in their combined 20 overs, taking two wickets for the loss of just 38 runs.
The reply lasted just 27 overs despite two wickets for Chanaka Ruwansiri and the result leaves Mymms third from bottom of the table.
- 1 Man charged with murder of his own mother
- 2 Stunning photos capture the moment Flying Scotsman crosses viaduct
- 3 ‘Too tall and dominant’ – application to demolish old car dealership to build 111 flats rejected
- 4 Dad avoids jail after downloading indecent images of children
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Arrest made after dog stolen in suspected knifepoint robbery
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Home care provider recognised among best in east of England
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Welwyn Garden City Heritage Trust and the picnic of the Polish Saturday School
They travel to bottom club Reed on Saturday.