Second national titles in a month for Welwyn Wheelers duo Calum Moir and Henry Hobbs
- Credit: HUW WILLIAMS
You wait all that time for one national title only to find another one is just around the corner.
Fresh from their success in the National Youth Circuit Race Championship, the Welwyn Wheelers pair of Calum Moir and Henry Hobbs have added the National Youth Omnium to their list of achievements.
Held at the Lee Valley Velodrome, the pair won their crowns after five separate events.
Moir romped through the first four of them in the U16 boys' category, winning the time-trial, the scratch race and the sprint as well as coming second in the elimination race.
It left him 20 points clear of nearest rival Sam Fisher and he kept him to within one point in the final points race to win the title.
Hobbs' route in the U14 boys was much more contested.
He won the time-trial and elimination and was second in the sprint but was third of three possible winners going into the points race.
However, leader Adam Murray could only score three points and the 19 from Hobbs was enough to give him the win by two points from Rory Gravelle.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception