Magic Johnson's hat-trick
ELLIOT Johnson scored a superb hat-trick as Sherrardswood & Birchwood Rangers Under-14s defeated local rivals Welwyn Pegasus 3-1. Rangers, the dominant league leaders of the Mid Herts Rural Minors Premier League, showed their class in bad playing conditio
ELLIOT Johnson scored a superb hat-trick as Sherrardswood & Birchwood Rangers Under-14s defeated local rivals Welwyn Pegasus 3-1.
Rangers, the dominant league leaders of the Mid Herts Rural Minors Premier League, showed their class in bad playing conditions.
Playing excellent football throughout the game, they showed a good Pegasus side the way to play.
The first goal came from a goalmouth scramble with a quick-footed Johnson putting the ball in the net.
You may also want to watch:
It would have been 2-0 at half-time had Zack Nieman not poked an effort wide.
The Rangers midfield of captain Tom Hill, Ben Corbett, Luis Emmanuel and George Herbert were winning the 50/50 balls in the second half.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?
At one point Herbert seemingly lost the ball, only to win it back for Johnson to drive it into the net from outside the box.
Pegasus did not give up and clawed one back.
They kept up the pressure but they were caught out when a great kick from Sherrardswood keeper Freddie Kenison found Nieman, who flicked on to Johnson to fire home for his hat-trick and finish the game 3-1.