Lemsford Pumas taste victory at last
LEMSFORD Pumas Under-14s got their first win of the season, 2-1 against Gosling Youth, in their last match of the season in Division One of the Mid Herts Rural Minors League. Both sides were already consigned to relegation, and this game was a real bottom
LEMSFORD Pumas Under-14s got their first win of the season, 2-1 against Gosling Youth, in their last match of the season in Division One of the Mid Herts Rural Minors League.
Both sides were already consigned to relegation, and this game was a real bottom-of-the-table clash which started brightly, regardless of the rain at the Gosling home pitch.
Stuart Thomas got the opener from close-in with a header over the stranded keeper.
Lemsford dictated the pace and had the greater possession in the first half with only 10 players available.
You may also want to watch:
They soon added a second goal from Richard Beavis with a well-flighted shot to leave the keeper with no chance.
Lemsford started the second half slowly half with an additional player.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 6 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
But Gosling rallied and came close to scoring but for dogged defending from Joe Hart and Andrew Evans and safe hands from Dean Goodwin.
The Pumas worked hard to rally on the counter-attack and eventually got a break with a second goal coming from Stuart Thomas.
Gosling scored a consolation goal with a header from a free-kick but it was too little to late as Lemsford claimed their first win of the league campaign.
The Pumas are currently looking for new players for next season. If you are interested, please contact Pete on 07917391660.