Late equaliser for Potters Bar Town against 10-man Dunstable Town
- Credit: Archant
Lee Close’s injury time goal earned Potters Bar Town a home point against Calor League Division One Central high-fliers Dunstable Town last night (Tuesday).
The goal also secured The Scholars a remarkable fourth 1-1 draw from the last four games after the same scoreline in clashes with Ashford Town (Middx), Northwood and AFC Hayes.
Dunstable had taken a deserved first half lead when Tony Burnett headed home a corner.
Just before the break though the visitors were reduced to 10 men when their captain Moses Olaleye was dismissed for a foul on Bar midfielder Cole Penny.
Bar had to wait until deep into stoppage time for their goal when Close popped up to earn the home side a point.
You may also want to watch:
Bar are back in action on Saturday as they travel to Barton Rovers.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'