Knebworth Park take the win over Chorleywood with Josh Roseberry the star
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Opener Josh Roseberry led Knebworth Park to thrilling victory away to Chorleywood to kick-start their Herts Cricket League Division Two A campaign.
He hit an unbeaten 65 as Park crept over the line with three balls to spare.
They were chasing 120, a reduced target from the 165-9 scored by the hosts, brought about because of a break for rain.
Niels Hart and Gareth Jones (2-30) set the tone early on with controlled bowling and Archie Stephens and Guy Warman (2-27) kept that going before Alex Richmond finished things off with 4-39.
Knebworth's reply suffered the initial loss of Kobie Richmond but Roseberry, along with Charlie Randall and Sergeant, knuckled down and grafted hard for the runs.
It got them to 85-2 with 10 overs left but a flurry of further wickets in the scramble for the winning runs dropped them to 107-6.
Roseberry managed to hit 10 runs in one over but in a tense climax it took almost six overs to snatch the last 12 runs, a four from the star leaving them with the win on 122-7.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle