Knebworth Park take the win over Chorleywood with Josh Roseberry the star
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Opener Josh Roseberry led Knebworth Park to thrilling victory away to Chorleywood to kick-start their Herts Cricket League Division Two A campaign.
He hit an unbeaten 65 as Park crept over the line with three balls to spare.
They were chasing 120, a reduced target from the 165-9 scored by the hosts, brought about because of a break for rain.
Niels Hart and Gareth Jones (2-30) set the tone early on with controlled bowling and Archie Stephens and Guy Warman (2-27) kept that going before Alex Richmond finished things off with 4-39.
Knebworth's reply suffered the initial loss of Kobie Richmond but Roseberry, along with Charlie Randall and Sergeant, knuckled down and grafted hard for the runs.
It got them to 85-2 with 10 overs left but a flurry of further wickets in the scramble for the winning runs dropped them to 107-6.
Roseberry managed to hit 10 runs in one over but in a tense climax it took almost six overs to snatch the last 12 runs, a four from the star leaving them with the win on 122-7.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 Hatfield mobile network improvements set to cause TV interference
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 6 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 7 Mountain bike stolen from Welwyn Garden City shed
- 8 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Christmas baubles adorn postbox toppers in Hertford crafters' festive yarnbombing event
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas