King George Vipers show skills at Harvesters Tournament
KING George Under-10 Vipers warmed up for the new season with a creditable third-place finish in the Harvesters Tournament.
The first match saw Vipers defeat Harevesters East 2-0.
They got off to a great start, Adam got a shot in that was blocked by the defence only for Bradley to pounce and slot it home.
This was followed soon after by a goal from Adam.
Match two against Alexandra Park ended goalless.
You may also want to watch:
There was one goalmouth scramble when the Vipers deserved a goal after their defence blocked about five seperate shots.
Regan made a great save from a long-range shot and in the last few seconds Bradley hit the post.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Girls of Potters Bar Crusaders happy with draw at hot Harpenden
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
A thrilling third game saw Vipers draw 2-2 with Bengeo Tigers in a game where the win got away.
After some great passing Jacob put a great cross in that was tapped home by Adam.
Bradley got Vipers’ second goal after being put through by Jacob and that should of sealed the game,
But the Tigers never gave up and brought a goal back.
This was followed by a long shot blocked by Regan with their attacker being quickest to react and put the goal in the back of the net.
The next game ended in disappointment as the Vipers lost 1-0 to Harvesters South.
The final game ended 1-1 against Bury Rangers, which meant Vipers finished in third spot in the table.
Jacob got the goal after Bradley’s shot came back off the post.