Jodie Williams leads strong showing for Herts Phoenix at National Championships
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Herts Phoenix athletes put on a show at the British Athletics Championship – with one claiming a title.
Jodie Williams, who is now based in the USA, qualified for both the 100m and 200m finals at Birmingham's Alexander Stadium.
And after coming fifth over the shorter distance behind British stars Dina Asher-Smith and Asha Philip, she powered to victory in the 200m, dipping to the line in 23.06 seconds ahead of Beth Dobbin.
The win means she will also go to the World Championships, which starts in Doha on September 28.
Lauren Thompson was the other from the club to shine on the national stage.
You may also want to watch:
She has been going from strength to strength in the 400m hurdles throughout the season, to the point where she qualified for the final.
And a personal best of 56.96s was enough for a battling fourth place.
- 1 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 4 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 9 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
She said: "I'm just overjoyed to have placed 4th and to end my season running under 57 seconds."