Jodie Williams leads strong showing for Herts Phoenix at National Championships
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Herts Phoenix athletes put on a show at the British Athletics Championship – with one claiming a title.
Jodie Williams, who is now based in the USA, qualified for both the 100m and 200m finals at Birmingham's Alexander Stadium.
And after coming fifth over the shorter distance behind British stars Dina Asher-Smith and Asha Philip, she powered to victory in the 200m, dipping to the line in 23.06 seconds ahead of Beth Dobbin.
The win means she will also go to the World Championships, which starts in Doha on September 28.
Lauren Thompson was the other from the club to shine on the national stage.
You may also want to watch:
She has been going from strength to strength in the 400m hurdles throughout the season, to the point where she qualified for the final.
And a personal best of 56.96s was enough for a battling fourth place.
- 1 Hatfield House gives free passes to those in need
- 2 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 3 Person on railway between Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar
- 4 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 5 From 'half-baked' to a New Town - did planners keep their promise to make Hatfield a 'pleasant land'?
- 6 Several keyless cars stolen from neighbourhood within 15 hour period
- 7 Two charged after more than 100 wraps of crack and heroin seized
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 Hatfield school appoints new headteacher
- 10 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
She said: "I'm just overjoyed to have placed 4th and to end my season running under 57 seconds."