Black Friday? More like Magnificent Tuesday as new manager Jason Beck signs seven in one day for Hatfield Town
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield Town’s Jason Beck has wasted little time in putting his mark on the club by signing an incredible seven players less than 24 hours after his appointment was revealed.
The Spartan South Midlands League’s newest manager was handed the reins at Cotlandswick on Monday and Tuesday became his very own Black Friday-type shopping spree.
In came familiar faces like John McGrandles, the former Welwyn Garden City skipper, and striker Ben Anderos.
Height problems were solved with the addition of the six foot four inch trio of Guy Hammersley, Luke Glover and Chris Tye.
The final two players are American Brian Simpson, who joins on dual registration from Hertford Town, and Kosi Basden, a Bermudan who can play anywhere along the attack.
You may also want to watch:
The new-look Blue Boys take to the field on Saturday when Ampthill Town are the visitors to London Colney.
Kick-off is at 3pm.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 9 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part