HSCL round-up: Hatfield United win fiery contest against Knebworth
- Credit: CATHERINE IVILL/PA
The group stages of the Herts Senior County League's cups came to an end with a fiery affair between Hatfield United and Knebworth.
United eventually took the 3-1 win in the Division One Cup but there were two red cards issued to them, one at half-time when they led 2-1, and the second after the break and following the third goal.
Lemsford had a mixed day, their first team drawing 2-2 with Wormley Rovers Res but their reserves went down 2-1 to their Buntingford Town counterparts, Johan Pedrono getting the only goal.
Hatfield Town were awarded their scheduled game against Cockfosters Res in the Premier Division Cup while their U23 side drew 0-0 with Harpenden Rovers in the Division Three competition.
Hatfield Athletic enjoyed the biggest win of the day as they thumped Hemel Hempstead Rovers Res 7-1, also in the Division Three Cup.
Beck Wiggins-Saunders got a hat-trick with Rob Frame two and Charlie Smith and Matt Schofield one each.
Cuffley Seniors meanwhile lost 1-0 at home to Chipperfield Corinthians.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 7 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week