Herts Phoenix four lap it up at English cross-country relays
FOUR of Herts Phoenix AC s senior men travelled to Mansfield to represent the club in the English Cross-Country Relay Championships. The quartet performed very well over the undulating and muddy 5km course to finish in 44th place out of the 151 teams that
FOUR of Herts Phoenix AC's senior men travelled to Mansfield to represent the club in the English Cross-Country Relay Championships.
The quartet performed very well over the undulating and muddy 5km course to finish in 44th place out of the 151 teams that completed this exciting event.
Nearly 200 runners started the senior men's race.
Michael Tarpey chose to run the first leg that he completed in 17 minutes 08.80 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
He finished in 88th place before handing over to the in-form Lee Reynolds, who again showed his true potential in running in 16 mins 05.90 secs to bring the team up to 46th place.
Matt Carlisle then took over for the third leg, running very strongly to record 16 mins 14.65 secs and lift the team up to 38th place.
- 1 Second tree-umph as borough named ‘Tree City of the World’ again
- 2 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 3 Take a first look at the new Ebenezer Howard statue coming to our town
- 4 Three hours free parking to be considered for Hatfield
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Welwyn Hatfield MP receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccination
- 7 New date announced for music festival in Hatfield
- 8 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
- 9 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 10 Overweight vehicles fined in police crackdown
Richard Tarpey completed the last leg in 17 mins 40.55 secs for an overall team time of 1 hour 7 minutes and 41.90 seconds for 44th place.