Herts women claim regional golf title with win over Essex
- Credit: HERTS GOLF
Hertfordshire Golf's ladies will play on the national stage after winning the Eastern Region County Match Days.
Played at Stoke-by-Nayland, north of Colchester, the annual event is contested by the counties of Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Cambs & Hunts, Norfolk, Essex and Hertfordshire.
The format for the three-day event this year was new with each county playing two others on Friday and Saturday.
Each inter-county match consisted of two foursomes followed by three singles matches, with two points for a win and one point for a tie.
By the end of it, Herts had accrued five points and were one point behind Essex going into Sunday's game between the two.
And in the crucial decider Herts won 3-2 to get through.
They now go on to play in the finals at Denham Golf Club near Uxbridge in September.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
The Hertfordshire team was Ellie Farwell (Sandy Lodge), Emmanuelle Hewson (Mid Herts), Honor Keilty (West Herts), Maddie Rolph (Centurion), Mawgan Vater (East Herts), Rebecca Earl (Bishop's Stortford), Zainab Jeppe (Mill Green) and Millie Pratten (Essendon).
They were skippered by Denise Fiori of Sandy Lodge while the team advisers were Ellen Hume of Mill Green and Hadley Wood's Julie Nedza.