Herts League advance to round two of the Sovereign Cricket Trophy
- Credit: HERTS CRICKET LEAGUE
The Herts Cricket League got off to the perfect start in the 2021 Sovereign Cricket Trophy with a six-wicket win over the Gujerati Metropolitan Cricket League.
Played at North Mymms, the representative squad won the toss and opted to bowl first, removing the visitors for 172 in the 37th over.
There were three wickets each for Jack Wilkes-Green of Holtwhites Trinibis and Ali Sajjid while the host club's Nathan Stiffin claimed 2-33.
T Garraway also took a wicket but it was with the bat that he proved the match winner for Herts.
He hit a majestic 90 not out as Herts came home with more than 12 overs to play.
He was with Mark Costin (20*) at the end while Daniel Albon chipped in with a valuable 25.
They will now play the National Cricket League in round two with the match scheduled for June 16.
- 1 Man charged with murder of his own mother
- 2 ‘Too tall and dominant’ – application to demolish old car dealership to build 111 flats rejected
- 3 Dad avoids jail after downloading indecent images of children
- 4 Stunning photos capture the moment Flying Scotsman crosses viaduct
- 5 Arrest made after dog stolen in suspected knifepoint robbery
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Home care provider recognised among best in east of England
- 8 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 9 Hatfield subways transformed by graffiti artist and Air Scouts
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land