Herts League advance to round two of the Sovereign Cricket Trophy
- Credit: HERTS CRICKET LEAGUE
The Herts Cricket League got off to the perfect start in the 2021 Sovereign Cricket Trophy with a six-wicket win over the Gujerati Metropolitan Cricket League.
Played at North Mymms, the representative squad won the toss and opted to bowl first, removing the visitors for 172 in the 37th over.
There were three wickets each for Jack Wilkes-Green of Holtwhites Trinibis and Ali Sajjid while the host club's Nathan Stiffin claimed 2-33.
T Garraway also took a wicket but it was with the bat that he proved the match winner for Herts.
He hit a majestic 90 not out as Herts came home with more than 12 overs to play.
He was with Mark Costin (20*) at the end while Daniel Albon chipped in with a valuable 25.
They will now play the National Cricket League in round two with the match scheduled for June 16.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure