Cricket round-up: Polar opposite form for North Mymms and Old Owens continues
- Credit: Archant
The differing fortunes of North Mymms and Old Owens Cricket Clubs continued in another week of the truncated Herts Cricket League season.
Mymms are still looking for their first Premier Division win after a three-wicket loss to West Herts at Home Farm.
Hamza Ahmed did his best with a fine 80 containing three fours and five sixes and there was a quick 44 too from Neil Bamford as the hosts got to 198-9 in their 45 overs.
However, despite three wickets for Rhys Wynne and two for Nathan Stiffin, West Herts reached their target in the 42nd over.
Owens meanwhile are still undefeated and top of the Championship table thanks to an eight-wicket success at Shenley Village.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Plater top-scored with 72 and Stephen Williams hit 48 before Chris Palmer and Rhys Carter saw them home with overs to spare.
Earlier Carter, Luke Peters and Adam Clark took three wickets each to restrict Shenley to 168-9.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack