Herts Cricket League round-up: Tewin feeling just champion again after another promotion
- Credit: TEWIN CC
An exciting final day of the Herts Cricket League season brought joy for some and sadness for others.
Tewin's championship-winning year in Division Five A, a fourth promotion in five years, was confirmed with a 62-run home success against Bentley Heath, a result that meant the visitors missed out on the second promotion place.
Michael Hubbard took 4-22 for Heath but 92 from Alex Portas gave Tewin the edge.
Hatfield Hyde missed out on promotion from Division Four B too as their 121-run win at Holtwhites Trinibis left them in third.
Knebworth Park's season ended in disappointment though despite a valiant last day.
They were relegated from Division Two A by just three points after a two-wicket loss at Bushey.
Charlie Randall (56) and Guy Warman (42) were top of the run-getting for them and the latter also claimed three wickets before the hosts crept home with four balls to spare.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 2 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 5 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
Elsewhere Old Owens seconds are champions of Division Seven A while Bentley Heath's second-string claimed promotion from Division Nine A.