Prizes handed out as Herts Cricket League gets set for new season
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The Herts Cricket League are gearing up for the new season but before they do there was time to honour the stars of 2019 at the AGM.
Awards were handed out to the best bowlers and best batsmen in each of the league's 25 divisions.
Welwyn Garden City's former Middlesex and England star Owais Shah was the top batsmen in the Premier Dvision with an average of 78.09 from his 13 innings and a top score of 169.
Graeme White of Totteridge Millhillians won the bowler award in the top flight with an average of 9.93 and best figures of 6-38 as he claimed a total of 44 wickets.
Elsewhere there were bowling awards for Nathan Davies (Hatfield Hyde 3rds), Luke Peace (Bentley Heath 2nds) and Will Pickworth (Tewin),
You may also want to watch:
There was also a special award for Knebworth Park as they lifted the Hertfordshire Cricket Grounds Association gong.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 5 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 6 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part