Herts Ad Sunday League: Harpenden Colts OB Res lift Junior Cup
- Credit: BRIAN HUBBALL
Harpenden Colts OB Res collected the Herts Advertiser Sunday League Junior Cup thanks to victory over Welwyn Warriors Res.
The 2-0 success came after an enthralling final, held over from 2020, with Welwyn determined to make life difficult for their loftier opponents.
They pressed the Colts incessantly but although early chances were created, Harpenden slowly settled into their groove and were ahead at half-time, Sam Spranger finishing off a well-worked passage of play.
The second half also started slowly but Ollie Lacey scored a second to finally put a competitive and well-organised Welwyn team to bed.
The 2020 Challenge Cup final takes place on Sunday, back at Toulmin Drive, between AFC London Road and Skew Bridge. Kick-off is at 10pm.
Mermaid are Division Three champions after their 4-0 win over Royston Rangers was enough to pip Forza Watford to top spot on goal difference. They only managed a 3-1 victory over Wishing Well.
Wheathampstead Wanderers overcame Hanburys 7-3 in the other game.
- 1 Man charged with murder of his own mother
- 2 Stunning photos capture the moment Flying Scotsman crosses viaduct
- 3 ‘Too tall and dominant’ – application to demolish old car dealership to build 111 flats rejected
- 4 Dad avoids jail after downloading indecent images of children
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Arrest made after dog stolen in suspected knifepoint robbery
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Home care provider recognised among best in east of England
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Welwyn Garden City Heritage Trust and the picnic of the Polish Saturday School
In the Premier Division Brookmans Park completed their season in third place after a 1-0 win over Six Bells, Scott de la Fuente's free-kick proving decisive.