Day to forget as Hatfield United come up short against Oxhey
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield United’s game away at Oxhey was one of the few in the Herts Senior County League to beat the weather – although they may not have been pleased with that after losing 5-3.
Missing five first-teamers, as well as their goalkeeper, United put in a disappointing performance in the Division One clash.
They were a goal down on 12 minutes as stand-in keeper Dan Whittaker was beaten from outside the area and he was picking out the ball out of the net again on the stroke of half-time.
Darren O'Brien had equalised in the first half, pouncing on a rebound, and Dale Stewart's superb free-kick did so again after the break.
A third equaliser came from Stewart, again from a set-piece, but although Curtis Warner hit the bar twice, Oxhey scored twice in the last 10 minutes to take all three points.
You may also want to watch:
The result places United sixth in the table, eight points behind leaders Aldenham.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 5 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part