Hatfield Town chairman to stay, but manager to leave
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield Town chairman Chris Maloney has made a U-turn on his decision to quit the club, however manager Ashley Purser has left his role.
In March, Maloney announced he would be stepping down from his role with the Blueboys frustrated with his battle to secure a ground back in Hatfield.
That left the future of the club in doubt, however, he has exclusively revealed to the Welwyn Hatfield Times that he will remain at Town’s helm and they will again play in the SSML Division One next season, vowing: “I have got a job to do and I’m going to finish it.”
Manager Ashley Purser though will not be at the club.
He has decided to leave after a season in charge as he is unable to to commit the time required at a non-league step six club.
You may also want to watch:
See more in this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times with interviews with both, out tomorrow.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 9 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part