Hatfield Town boss Prutton blasts underperformers
HATFIELD Town manager Andy Prutton was seething after watching his side hammered 5-1 away at Hanwell Town on Saturday.
The Blueboys actually took the lead in the South Midlands Premier Division encounter through Jason Caswell after only six minutes of play.
But then a collapse ensued, and a brace from Charlie Baverstock, a Neil Doctor own-goal, and strikes from Blaise O’Brien and Jerome Periera condemned Hatfield to their second successive defeat in the league after a five-game winning streak.
And boss Prutton reserved particular criticism at some of the senior players in the ranks.
“Apart from the first five or six minutes I thought it was totally pathetic and spineless.”
You may also want to watch:
“It was obvious that after we went behind, some of the more senior players didn’t want to be there, they just didn’t want to dig in and get us back into the game.”
For further coverage including more on Prutton’s reaction to the heavy defeat, see this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times - out on Wednesday.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'