Hatfield’s Alfie Burden to line up for ONEFORSEVEN snooker competition
Alfie Burden will play alongside John Higgins, Reanne Evans, Mark Williams and Jimmy White at the ONEFORSEVEN snooker tournament in Cardiff on Monday.
ALFIE Burden will be making history when he joins John Higgins and Reanne Evans in competing at the ONEFORSEVEN snooker tournament in Cardiff on Monday (December 21).
It will be the first time ever that three current world snooker champions have taken part in the same event.
Hatfield’s potting master is the IBSF World champion 2009, and is to meet up in Wales with existing World Snooker champion Higgins and the World Ladies Billiards and Snooker Association champion Evans.
The 16-player one-day event will be played in a new tournament format, which is said to be snooker’s version of Twenty20 cricket.
You may also want to watch:
Each participant will play one frame against seven opponents.
They will accumulate points across the frames and the person with the highest score wins.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
The winner stands to walk away with prize money of �14,707.
Burden was invited to take part in the tournament following his triumph at the IBSF World Championships, in Hyderabad, India earlier this year.
It will be an important competition for Hatfield’s Burden as he prepares to return to the professional tour in August.
Others set to appear at the ONEFORSEVEN contest include: Jimmy White, Mark Williams, Ken Doherty, Graeme Dott, Matthew Stevens and Mark Selby.
Visit www.global-snooker.com for further information about the Oneforseven tournament and ticket details.