Hatfield QE add victory over Harlow to their continuing good form
- Credit: ALEX OWEN
Hatfield QE continued to rack up the victories since returning to action - the latest over Harlow.
The Roe Hill Hall-based rugby club got the victory in their latest adapted contest, winning 26-10.
Coach Ian Matthews had some enforced changes to the team, including giving debuts to Konrad Konwalik, Shivendra Singh and Julius Madepi, none of whom have played a game of rugby before.
Jim Cooper also made his debut for HQE.
Hatfield opened the scoring with Samuel Kasujja Mirembe's rampaging run taking him over the line.
A second soon followed following a well-worked move from the backs, fly-half Charlie Gibbs and centre Luke Goodwin combining for the latter to score.
Harlow got one back to leave it 12-5 to Hatfield at the break and there was yet more changes for the visitors but the likes of Jacob Locke-Gotel, Chris Seaborne and Conrad Omadi made sure that Hatfield's defence remained strong.
- 1 Man charged with murder of his own mother
- 2 ‘Too tall and dominant’ – application to demolish old car dealership to build 111 flats rejected
- 3 Stunning photos capture the moment Flying Scotsman crosses viaduct
- 4 Dad avoids jail after downloading indecent images of children
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Arrest made after dog stolen in suspected knifepoint robbery
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Home care provider recognised among best in east of England
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Hatfield subways transformed by graffiti artist and Air Scouts
And after Omadi made a try-saving tackle, Cooper charged from halfway to score under the posts.
A tense finish needed all of Hatfield's improved fitness and they got their rewards in the closing moments with Gibbs stepping several players to wrap things up.