Hatfield bowlers beat Met Police
HATFIELD S bowlers enjoyed a successful weekend with victories over Met Police and Welwyn Garden City. Despite Saturday s wet weather, Hatfield beat Met Police 62-38. The amount of rain forced the match to finish after 14 ends with Hatfield comfortably ah
HATFIELD'S bowlers enjoyed a successful weekend with victories over Met Police and Welwyn Garden City.
Despite Saturday's wet weather, Hatfield beat Met Police 62-38.
The amount of rain forced the match to finish after 14 ends with Hatfield comfortably ahead.
Hatfield's highest winning rink of Maureen Metcalfe, Kath Monk, Derek Goodman and skip Richard Lush won 19-3.
You may also want to watch:
The College Lane club followed that up on Sunday with another away match at WGC.
There were four rinks of men playing a District League match with Hatfield winning 81-72 to collect 65 of the 80 available points.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?
Two ladies' rinks were also played, making an overall result of the Beck Trophy 116-100.
Hatfield's top winning rink of Penny Chatfield, Jean Casson, Val Batts and skip Kay Havord emerged triumphant by 22-13.