Hannah Burke puts injury nightmare behind her with European Tour win
- Credit: TRISTAN JONES/LET
Welwyn Garden City's Hannah Burke has claimed victory on the Ladies European Tour as part of a four-ball team led by Denmark's Solheim Cup star Emily Pederson.
The pair, along with Finland's Krista Bakker and Slovenian amateur Pia Babnik, took the honours in the one-million dollar Aramco Team Series - Jeddah.
Burke only returned to golf last year after a horror Achilles injury which kept her out for the entire second half of the 2019 LET season.
She said: "I’ve had a couple of tough years so this is absolutely amazing and I’m loving it.
"The injury in 2019 took its toll, not really just physically but mentally, financially – I kind of had a year out, made zero money, spent a lot to rehab to get back to where I needed to be, it was mentally draining.
"It’s been a massive battle. I’ve been close to calling it a day, truthfully. So this is big.
"I’ve had massive support back home from all my family, friends and from my coach Brian here, who has backed me all the way. Thanks to everyone.”
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 3 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 9 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Local Plan guidelines clarified following ‘green fields’ confusion