Green Belt Motor Club host successful Summer Autocross event
- Credit: GREEN BELT MOTOR CLUB
Green Belt Motor Club's Summer Autocross event brought competitors from far and wide - and also saw a home winner.
The Potters Bar-based club held the races at Much Hadham near Bishop's Stortford, utilising a 1.1km course laid out in a large stubble field.
In total there were 42 competing in the two-day event and for the second year in succession, the overall victory went to Simon Ford from the South Hams Motor Club in Devon, driving his Honda Autocross Special.
He finished more than six seconds ahead of Green Belt pair John Rigden and Nigel Booley, driving a Subaru Impreza, with a 2500cc turbocharged engine, and a 1300cc Ard Busa autocross special.
Green Belt president Richard Warne also put up a good performance in his Car Spares Cheshunt and Comer Oils-sponsored Ford Escort Mk2, finishing first in the over 1600cc two-wheel drive rally car class.
There were also club events on both days with 17-year-old Tyler McAlpin finishing first and second in his 1300cc Suzuki Swift, his first ever autocross races.
For more information go to www.gbmc.org.uk
- 1 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 2 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 3 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 9 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 10 Historic Green Belt site under threat