Awards night honours the stars of Green Belt Motor Club
- Credit: Archant
The Potters Bar-based Green Belt Motor Club honoured their stars of last season at their glitzy annual dinner.
In total 17 prizes were awarded with the club's championship for drivers on multi-venue stages rallies going to Welwyn Garden City's Martyn Andrews.
Along with co-driver Steve Greenhill he guided his Subaru Impreza to some impressive results, the most notable of which was on the gravel forest tracks of Wales in the Red Kite Stages Rally.
The presentations were made by honorary member Anthony Ashwell, himself a former autocross and rallycross competitor.
Club president Richard Warne paid tribute to co-founder Tony Strong who died during the year before looking to the year ahead.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We had a good year and we look forward to another one in 2020, especially as we will be assisting on a new closed public road event, the Hertfordshire Stages Rally, which will be run in the Stevenage area in July."
For more information about the club go to www.gbmc.org.uk
- 1 Man charged with murder of his own mother
- 2 Stunning photos capture the moment Flying Scotsman crosses viaduct
- 3 ‘Too tall and dominant’ – application to demolish old car dealership to build 111 flats rejected
- 4 Dad avoids jail after downloading indecent images of children
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Arrest made after dog stolen in suspected knifepoint robbery
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Home care provider recognised among best in east of England
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Welwyn Garden City Heritage Trust and the picnic of the Polish Saturday School