Goalfest at Ultimate Football
- Credit: Archant
There was a goal extravanganza at Ultimate Football on Monday night.
Groovy Gang took the lead early on against Asim Khan’s Sons of Pitches thanks to Mitchell Ward.
Mitchell’s brother Ben then increased their lead, although Alex Edwards was able to find the net for Pitches before the break.
Nevertheless, Groovy Gang continued to play some excellent football and front man Marc Winnan made it 3-1, before reliable centre back Joe Clarke converted from a corner, sealing a 4-1 win for the Gang.
In the Premiership, Slumdog Mignolet’s emphatic 12-2 victory over Desert Shadow took them to the top on goal difference.
You may also want to watch:
First half goals from Dan Morris, captain Shaun White and Jon Sims gave Slumdog a two-goal cushion after Jamie Carey’s shot gave Shadow a glimmer of hope.
In the second half, Slumdog’s fast paced attacking play was just too much for Shadow and both Morris and White completed their hat-tricks. Even keeper Andrew Spencer got in on the act, scoring a penalty late on.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 5 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
Carey netted his second of the game in the final minute but this represented a consolation.
Michael Miller’s Foot Soldiers sit in second place on goal difference and are yet to concede a goal, following their 5-0 drubbing of Colonel Getafe.
Eddie Metzger and Tom Gajjer gave Soldiers a 2-0 half-time advantage and unfortunately for Getafe, their night did not improve.
Jordan Frowd made it 3-0 before Metzger claimed his second of the night to increase Soldiers’ lead further.
Man-of-the-match Frowd, who seemed to be central to almost every goal attack, got his brace.
Blackpool, were looking for their first victory of the campaign, against Easter Cup winners Hedgehog FC.
Besides a goal from Hedgehog’s Mason Bush midway through the half, there was little to separate the two sides initially.
After the break, Jamie Thomas bagged Hedgehog’s second and on-form striker Bush made it 3-0 shortly after.
Blackpool’s Nicky Loft took his goal well but a comeback failed to materialise and a second from Thomas sealed the victory for Hedgehog.
Goals from Vee Namli and Aaron Baker gave Free Agents a deserving two-goal lead at half-time.
Slumdog levelled thanks to two strikes from Jason Simms and that is how it stayed.
In the final game, Blackpool beat IDC FC 6-1.
If you are interested in joining as a team, or an individual player, visit www.ultimatefootball.co.uk or contact a member of the Ultimate Football team on 07535 556677.