Getafe leave it late to restore League One lead at top in Ultimate Football
- Credit: Archant
In the Ultimate Football Welwyn Garden City Monday night six-a-side league, Mark Dixon’s Boca Seniors maintained the pressure on League One leaders Colonel Getafe 2.0 as they stormed to a 3-0 victory over Hedgehog FC.
Saleem Jabbar kept up his good form with another two goals while Tom Bundy notched the third.
Getafe had a much tougher than anticipated match against Chris Houghton’s FC Big Fan.
Big Fan established a two-goal lead thanks to strikes from Christian Iszchak and Ollie Jamieson.
Alfie Spalding pulled a goal back with an audacious lob but Houghton’s men had a chance to regain their two-goal cushion when a penalty was awarded for a foul on Dan Allison.
You may also want to watch:
However, the forward missed the target with the spot-kick.
That was the turning point for Getafe as Jordan Gutt’s double and another from Jordan Kimsey secured the victory.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 5 Have you seen this missing teenager from Knebworth?
- 6 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
Mark Beard FC raced into a 3-0 half-time lead against Neverbee Athletic through goals from Niall Quinn, Jerome Dixon and Sam Reyner.
Beard continued to have the lion’s share of possession after the restart although Athletic’s Michael Beales and Dominic Gillick both had shots on target that were denied by Josh Houghton.
Andy Spencer added to the scoreline shortly after before three goals from Quinn earned him the man of the match accolade.
In the Winter Cup, Volvo Selekt picked up a straight-forward 3-0 victory over Leg Day Pending while Damian Mikulski’s Smakosze St Albans celebrated their biggest win in their history with an emphatic 8-1 triumph over Ross Rowan’s It’s What He Would Have Wanted.
A hat-trick from man of the match Michal Gawron and a super strike from Slawomir Bukala were the pick of the Smakosze goals, Mark Chappell scoring a consolation effort for Rowan’s men.
Tekkers Slovakia suffered a similar fate as they were beaten 6-1 by Wheeler Dealers.
Hat-tricks from James Ferguson and new signing Dean Sadler put the game beyond the reach of Trayner’s men although Luke Radley scored an excellent goal for Slovakia early in the second half.
Jack Hague put My Dixie ahead in their match with Blackpool but the second half was dominated by the orange jersey outfit.
Goals from player-manager Steve Charles, Paolo Goodman and Greg Timotheou completed the turnaround and the 3-1 victory for Blackpool.
If you are interested in joining as a team, or an individual player, visit www.ultimatefootball.co.uk or contact 07535 556677.