Garden City Runners enjoy fine results at Kimpton
- Credit: GCR
Garden City Runners kept it local in their search for competition as a good squad headed to the Kimpton 10k.
The scenic route headed out from the village towards Ayot St Lawrence before turning for home and the downhill finish to the Recreation Ground.
First home for the GCR ladies was Caroline Hale in 14th overall, followed in by Helen Stafford and Rebecca Barden third.
Veronica Shadbolt's return to a GCR lady saw her fourth from the club.
For the men, Peter Harvey was fourth overall and was followed home in successive positions by team-mates Tom Buzzard, Richard Somerset, Dom Thomas and Steve Ellerd-Elliott
Harvey then turned his attention to the Hitchin 10k where, dressed in trademark full union jack kit, he finished seventh out of 520 starters.
The other garden city was the destination for Hannah Frank and Richard Darley as they took on the Greenway Challenge around Letchworth.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
Starting and finishing at Standalone Farm, the route is similar to WGC's centenary way, mostly on trails.
Darley managed two hours 13 minutes 31 seconds while Frank came in with a commendable 1:49:38.