Huish goes whoosh as Garden City Runners return with a bang to actual racing
- Credit: GCR
Garden City Runners finally got to taste the thrill of actual competition again when they took part in the St Albans 10k - and it was a superb return for James Huish.
Starting and finishing in Highfield Park and using the Alban Way as an out and back route, he completed the run in 34 minutes 26 seconds for, not only 23rd position, but also a massive PB.
Hannah Frank was the 36th female while Peter Harvey was fifth in the over 50 category and 61st overall, five places behind Thomas Wackett.
Denys Baudry and Stuart Mann chose a little bit further afield to run and just that touch longer as well as they competed in the Dorney Lake Marathon.
And the pair locked out the top two positions in the M70 category with times of three hours 43 minutes and 3:51 respectively.
The club are starting to slowly grind back towards normality with the return of club running too but they will keep the AGM, set for April 19, as a virtual event.
- 1 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 2 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Brookmans Park pub reopens with more outdoor space for eating and drinking
- 10 Hatfield United up and running in Herts County League cup after defeat of Hertford Heath