Garden City Runners’ parkrun tourists grab all the medals in Hemel Hempstead
- Credit: Archant
A parkrun tour turned into a smash and grab raid as Garden City Runners took a clean sweep of the podium positions at Gadebridge.
Peter McKenzie led Paul Guy and Rob Casserley across the line at the extremely hilly Hemel Hempstead race, whetting the appetite for the March’s visit to Aldenham.
Parkruns elsewhere saw PBs for Andy Shadbolt, Mark Boyce, Garry Gray and Clair Emms at Ellenbrook Fields where Neil Hume was second while Chris Jones took third at Panshanger.
There was also a PB for Tom Wackett who dipped under the hour mark at the 10-mile Victoria Park race in Hackney where he finished sixth.
Punishing runs were had by Dave Heal and Robert Saville who completed the Rayne Challenge six hour endurance event in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Both opted for marathon distance in the time-limited race, Saville clocking four hours 28 minutes 52 seconds and Heal 4:49:18.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack