Garden City Runners continue with marathon exploits one week on from London
- Credit: GCR
Following Garden City Runners' efforts around the streets of London, their latest exploits were a case of bring me more marathons.
Sarah Halliday and her daughter Hannah Dickinson conquered the Eden Marathon, a hilly but scenic run round the Eden Project in Cornwall.
The pair had to wade through streams before finishing in a time of four hours 54 minutes.
Several ventured to Manchester for their 26.2-mile fix.
Katy Healy finished the run despite an injury sustained at the 16-mile point, finishing in a still respectable 4:06:07.
Sally Laflin (4:12:20), Chris Poole (4:13:20) and Sofie Marchant (4:16:52), running her first marathon post baby, were the others in the north-west.
David Heal's charge towards 100 marathons continued at Colchester Zoo, with a half-marathon chosen to give the legs a slight breather.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
He ran the Colchester Zoo Stampede, his 123rd half marathon, finishing in 2:00:45.
He said: "I wished the lions and tigers had scared me a bit more as I was so close to going under two hours.
"But it was still a PB for half marathons this year so I’m happy with that.”